Are you looking for an opportunity to be a Leader in a dynamic and energized servant community? Would you like to work in an environment where you have the opportunity to positively impact peoples lives on a daily basis?
Warrenton Presbyterian Church, located between the Shenandoah Valley and Northern Virginia, is seeking an enthusiastic, passionate, and innovative individual to professionally guide, plan and lead a comprehensive, creative Christian education program for adult, youth and children. This is a leadership position which requires promoting and implementing the interconnectedness of Christian education, worship, and discipleship as expressions of a living faith.
As Director of Christian Education, you should enjoy working with children and youth and serve as an example in being a faithful disciple, attending church regularly, and participating in activities and religious studies while possessing a solid knowledge of Presbyterian traditions and Biblical studies.
Warrenton Presbyterian Church offers a competitive salary and benefits package. We will be accepting resumes through January 15, 2022.
Submit resume with references to email@example.com. Include with your submission, answers to the following narrative questions.(For each narrative question, please limit your response to no more than 1500 characters including spaces and punctuation.)
1.) Describe a moment in your recent ministry that you recognize as one of success and fulfillment.
2.) What is it about Warrenton Presbyterian Church that is calling you?
3.) What areas of growth have you identified in yourself?
4.) Describe a time when you have led change.
Director of Christian Education
“Warrenton Presbyterian Church is a reflection of the unconditional grace of God.”
“Warrenton Presbyterian Church is a gathered community of people in action who eagerly share love, grace, and peace of Christ with humility, reverence and thanksgiving.”
Preference will be given to candidates with a Degree or Certificate in Christian Education, although clear demonstration of capabilities without formal education will be considered.
Warrenton Presbyterian Church
Director of Christian Education – Position Description
Warrenton Presbyterian Church (WPC) is a mid-sized congregation (~400) located in Warrenton, VA. WPC has a rich history including a Christ centered worship and a dedication to scripture. Christian Education at WPC focuses on Biblical literacy, faith development, and understanding the promises made by God through scripture to encourage spiritual growth and service to the community. This is accomplished through Sunday morning classes for young children through adults as well as small group learning and hands-on opportunities. WPC places a special emphasis on the education of our children to lay the foundations for their faith journey as teens. Our goal is to prepare our teens to face the world in a caring, Christian manner, and to build their faith as they progress to adulthood. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to lead our Christian education program.
This is a full time salaried position. Candidate will actively participate in all aspects of church life as a strong leader and member of the Warrenton Presbyterian Church family with responsibilities and tasks as follows:
- Direct and facilitate all Christian Education Programs including Sunday School, Youth and Children’s programs, VBS, and summer youth activities.
- Enlist and support volunteers to lead and assist various programs.
- Initiate and maintain regular communication through various media with the children, youth, families and congregation, as well as church leadership and committee members. Candidate must be technologically savvy.
- Build relationships with children, youth and their families while providing Spiritual guidance, mentorship and support.
- Keep regular office hours, supporting and working with other staff members while serving as a resource regarding Christian Education.
- Prepare and monitor the Christian Education budget, while ensuring all materials and supplies are obtained and maintained for the various programs related to Christian Education.
Applicable Qualifications and Gifts
The candidate must possess:
- Maturity in their faith and spiritual growth
- The ability to develop trusting relationships, especially with the youth, through consistent contact and interaction
- Significant planning, budgeting and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills with both the public and individuals
- Strong Leadership skills
- The ability to lift 30-35 lbs.
- Prefer candidates to have at least 3 – 5 years of experience in Christian Education or Youth Ministry.
- Must successfully complete background check and ensure compliance with all church, Federal and State guidelines that pertain to child safety and protection.