Are you looking for an opportunity to be a Leader in a dynamic and energized servant community? Would you like to work in an environment where you have the opportunity to positively impact peoples lives on a daily basis?
Warrenton Presbyterian Church, located between the Shenandoah Valley and Northern Virginia, is seeking an enthusiastic, passionate, and innovative individual to professionally guide, plan and lead a comprehensive, creative Christian education program for adult, youth and children. This is a leadership position which requires promoting and implementing the interconnectedness of Christian education, worship, and discipleship as expressions of a living faith.
As Director of Christian Education, you should enjoy working with children and youth and serve as an example in being a faithful disciple, attending church regularly, and participating in activities and religious studies while possessing a solid knowledge of Presbyterian traditions and Biblical studies.
Warrenton Presbyterian Church offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Submit resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include with your submission, answers to the following narrative questions.(For each narrative question, please limit your response to no more than 1500 characters including spaces and punctuation.)
1.) Describe a moment in your recent ministry that you recognize as one of success and fulfillment.
2.) What is it about Warrenton Presbyterian Church that is calling you?
3.) What areas of growth have you identified in yourself?
4.) Describe a time when you have led change.
Director of Christian Education
“Warrenton Presbyterian Church is a reflection of the unconditional grace of God.”
“Warrenton Presbyterian Church is a gathered community of people in action who eagerly share love, grace, and peace of Christ with humility, reverence and thanksgiving.”
The candidate must have a minimum of a Bachelor of Education, or equivalent, and preferred 3-5 years in Christian Education or Youth Ministry.
This is a full time salaried position. Candidate will actively participate in all aspects of church life a strong leader and member of the Warrenton Presbyterian Church family with responsibilities and tasks as follows:
- Direct and support all Christian Education Programs, in collaboration with the Pastor and Session, from children through adult.
- Coordinate and facilitate Youth programs with Christian Education Committee to plan for activities, including but not limited to weekly Youth group gatherings, Vacation Bible School, camps, conferences, mission trips, retreats, fellowship, community service/outreach programs and fundraising activities.
- Plan, guide and teach the Confirmation Class, participating in Youth/Faith guidance.
- Initiate and maintain regular communication through various media with the children, youth, families and congregation, as well as church leadership and committee members. Candidate must be technologically savvy.
- Build relationships with children, youth and their families while providing Spiritual guidance, mentorship and support.
- Facilitate Youth leadership opportunities into the life of the church and encourage outreach into the community.
- Empower parents to be involved in the faith formation of their children. Encourage members to use their spiritual gifts and help identify opportunities where members can volunteer in the children’s and youth ministry.
- Plan for and implement the various Special Events such as the Christmas Pageant, Advent, Maundy Thursday Tenebrae Service and Pentecost.
- Keep regular office hours, supporting and working with other staff members while serving as a resource regarding Christian Education.
- Prepare and monitor the Christian Education budget, while ensuring all materials and supplies are obtained and maintained for the various programs related to Christian Education.
- Must successfully complete background check and ensure compliance with all church, Federal and State guidelines that pertain to child safety and protection.
The candidate must possess:
- The ability to develop trusting relationships, especially with the youth, through consistent contact and interaction
- Interpersonal skills to connect with all ages on a personal level
- The life experience to be able to handle and provide strong and appropriate counsel to youth or adults
- Maturity in their faith and spiritual growth
- Effective communication skills with both the public and individuals
- Strong Leadership skills with the ability to advise session, the congregation, and individuals with strengthened compassion
- The ability to motivate people of all ages to involvement and outreach
- Significant planning and organizational skills
- The ability to recruit youth, parents and congregation members for a variety of tasks and responsibilities
- The ability to lift 30-35 lbs.